Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation's largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family. We're also the career home for Physicians who bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day. This is your opportunity to join a group of professionals and clinicians who are working to improve health care for people over 50.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
We provide a no cost in home assessment to qualified members of our health plans called the HouseCalls Visit. During a HouseCalls visit, among other things our practitioners do a medical history, medication brown bag, review of systems, physical exam, screenings, education, diagnoses, gaps in care identification, and in some cases flu vaccinations, and a medical record is generated as a result of the HouseCall. The information is used to help identify the member?s conditions, clinical concerns, and any need for additional services. This information is used by the health plan for care management purposes, and is also shared with the member?s primary care physician.
In order for them to practice in many states, the NP or PA requires a Collaborative Agreement. The Collaborating Physician works with the non - physician providers to provide oversight and supervision consistent with applicable licensing and State requirements. This includes executing a collaborative agreement with each assigned NP / PA initially and periodically as required by State law. Additionally, Collaborating Physicians provide required review of a sample of the NP / PA medical records, with feedback provided to the NP / PA. We have created the Collaborative Agreement Team for collaborating physicians, to ensure that our physicians have an effective and convenient environment to complete their responsibilities each month, as well as adequate support of their role as a collaborating physician for one or more of our HouseCalls Practitioners.
- Execute collaborative agreement with NP / PA initially then periodically renew as required by State law thereafter
- Utilize our Web - based portal to review a specified sample (10 reviews or 10% of assessments completed by NP / PA whichever is greater) of NP / PA medical records on a monthly basis
- Provide feedback as needed to NP / PA on performance, including areas with opportunity for improvement
- Perform any other duties or services required by laws, rules or regulations relating to collaboration with the NP / PA as designated by your state
- Ability to cover state mandated number of providers, or up to 5 providers, if no mandate exists
- MD or DO with unrestricted license in the State where non - Physician providers perform assessments
- Board certification in family practice, general practice, internal medicine, or geriatrics
- Minimum of five years of clinical practice experience
- Strong clinical background in evaluation and management of chronic diseases commonly seen in the Medicare and / or Medicaid population
- Knowledge of substantive documentation to meet clinical standards
- Competency with computers
- Strong clinical evaluation skills
- Excellent communication
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: MD, physician, provider, home care, family practice, gerontology, cardiology, internal medicine