''Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the right roles with the right skills and values.''
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
INVISTA is a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc. which is one of the largest private companies in America with estimated annual revenues as high as $115 billion, according to Forbes. With a presence in about 60 countries, Koch companies employ more than 100,000 people worldwide, with about 60,000 of those in the United States. For more information on INVISTA, visit our or watch this to see how our business makes a difference.
INVISTA is seeking an experienced engineer to support the Remelt processing and Continuous Polymerization Production area. The Camden, SC Site currently has an opening for CP/Melt Production Engineer.
The successful candidate will work in the Operations Technical Department supporting the manufacturing facility at the INVISTA Camden, SC site. The primary responsibilities of the Production Engineer will include providing technical support in the areas of Continuous Polymerization and SPP/Melt Processing for the bulk continuous filament (BCF) carpet fiber spinning operation. The assignment will work on process and product initiatives aimed at improving polymer quality and BCF yields. The position primarily works day shift with some flexible hours being worked as needed to support business needs.
Responsibilities / Expectations:
- Ensure excellence in Environmental, Health, Safety and Compliance when conducting all activities.
- Engage with any activity and/or any employee not following safety policy and procedures.
- Maintain Plant / Improve Plant performance in the areas of EHS, yield, cost and quality.
- Provide daily 24/7 technical support to Continuous Polymerization and SPP/Melt Processing operations for polymer processing machines and back-up support to other area production engineers.
- Maintain accurate Standard Operating Conditions and Product Specifications for all products on assigned machines
- Provide quality support to enhance First Pass First Quality Yield goals.
- Manage operating practices, projects, specification changes, and equipment designs
- Investigate production unit constraints to optimize quality and throughput
- Evaluate and develop solutions for operations initiatives
- Work with Technical Services and ad-hoc teams to achieve improved product yield and quality via experimentation, capital projects, etc.
Required skills, knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited program
- Minimum 3 years experience in a high volume manufacturing environment
Preferred skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of continuous polymerization manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of Solid Phase Polymerization (SPP) and extrusion processes
- Polymer Manufacturing Experience
- Knowledge of pigment feeding systems
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis tools (e.g. cause mapping, fishbone, etc.)
INVISTA is among the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon, spandex and polyester applications. With a business presence in more than 20 countries, INVISTA delivers exceptional value for its customers through market insights, technology innovations and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks including LYCRA fiber, COOLMAX fabric, CORDURA fabric, STAINMASTER carpet, and ANTRON carpet fiber. INVISTA's businesses include Apparel, Intermediates, Performance Surfaces & Materials, and Performance Technologies. You may not realize it, but INVISTA's products play a role in nearly every aspect of your life. For example, INVISTA fibers may be in your carpet, clothing or bedding--and INVISTA polymers may be in your car, food packaging or camping gear. We transform daily life through innovations that create long-term value for our customers and society. You can be a part of the difference by joining the INVISTA team.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.